Thursday, April 10, 2008

A New Beginning




There is a slight unrest in the air...

I cannot pinpoint if it is justified but it is there nonetheless...a certain something is trying to make inroads in our lives here and it is being percieved as a higher meaning by someone and as unwanted and unwelcome by someone else...
Someone thinks it will shake people out of their slumber and change their way of living and someone thinks it is all a farce...
I come in the latter category...

I choose to stay passive to a few things...I dont want to do something myself but I don't feel any different for someone who does...
I think the most foolish thing that people do is pass a judgement on people they dont know on some action they dont understand...

No offences to anyone but I would leave it to the individual to decide how dysfunctional his/her life is and let them decide to take the appropriate action...That is until I really think I need to step in if someone does not realize that they are on the path to self destruction...
It is subjective I know...but I have come to trust my own decisions...I am impulsive but I am not naive or stupid...

Humans by nature have always looked at change a little suspiciously...lets accept it...we live the "if it aint broken, its working" mentality...

The institutions/forums/books that educate people how to "live happily" have been around for ages...They tell you the higher meaning of life...the inner force that is dormant...the power to choose and to make your dreams a reality...

I am told that a particular "course" will help you in reaching a higher level of learning...above a level where you cannot think beyond right now...it will give me the power to choose and go after something in an entirely different manner than I can possibly imagine and achieve what I dream of...I will also look at people in a different light altogether...I will become more committed towards whatever I am doing and I will never feel any contraints whatsover...That it is not only for people who are unhappy with their lives and want to succeed but some of the achievers and big shots are taking to it in a big way...be it housewives, CEOs, professionals etc. etc.
They all are learning to live their lives in a new way...
I respect that.

But what of people who think they are happy with imperfections...I am not perfect...no one I know is...I have had goals that I was not able to achieve and everyone has had that experience at some point of time in their lives...

We all have difficulties and constraints that we have to work under...Is that supposed to make us unhappy? I dont want to generalise since there will be differing views but it is agreed that if you keep looking at the unhappy side of your life then you cannot make yourself or anyone else happy...

But do I need a forum to tell me that I am unhappy right now and I dont realize that and also that I can do better...I am not unhappy right now and I can definitely do better...
It is then argued that it is not about making someone unhappy, happy, but about teaching how to live a life that is unbound, unchained and put your overburdened mind to peace...

But I see it as telling you that you are flawed in your thnking and you are not supposed to lead a life this way...
Wrong.

What if I am happy now in the present and I am on the track to someplace where I want to end up...
I am imperfect in my thinking and I have my flaws...
I am also happy.
I dont think that I want to improve on that.

I am resistant to change because I am not sure if I my mind is so screwed up that I need to take help to help me make my decisions...
I have a few priorities and as long as I am able to meet them then it is more than enough to keep me happy for the rest of my life...I dont think I need anyone to simplify it for me still further...

I am not sure how to end this post...I really am not able to think of a suitable ending.
Can you help me?

3 comments:

Pallavi said...

Am not too sure...if i can help you concluding the post...but I do know..who should be reading the post ;)...Your guess is as good as mine :)..
nice one..keep writing..

B Rahul Rao said...

You threw what was on your mind on the post. Guess this feeling comes up due to a sudden realization that life is as such indeterminate. Chance plays a very critical role and who knows where we will land up. Any ways as U put it...how can some one decide the course...and if u can, reaching the higher plane is a matter of chance.
I suppose that for all the preparation we do, it is a matter of destiny that we will have a chance to utilize the preparation....most of the time life goes in fighting unexpected situations.

When success is it self a subjective matter...what should be the basis of a course to success....what is right and what is wrong....every thing is subjective.

I feel that the thought points towards the concept of “Living in the moment”. I feel all that has to be said to close the post is… “It’s my life, it’s now or never.” Cheers

Anonymous said...

spot a star in sky at dawn to get to know about its brilliance compared to its peers...

Spot a manager in making by d way he plays with words and in turn with your thoughts..

Sameer Tandon ..you know what i mean..impressive post...